Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Coon Rapids, MN
Annual Salary: $85k-$120k (DOE)
Lexington Manufacturing makes a multitude of engineered wood components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Key areas of responsibility)
Team based Engineer who leads a team of Process Engineers to develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing equipment; conferring with equipment vendors defining scope of deliverables and completion dates. Responsible for ensuring that the voice of both the internal and external customers are considered and incorporated into all project solutions while meeting safety, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Lead and develop Process Engineers to meet or exceed business needs.
- Develop detailed plans for new processes and products.
- Make determinations for equipment, staff and training needs.
- Checking their team’s work for technical accuracy.
- Ensuring the validity of methods used by staff.
- Coordinating work with other managers and staff.
- Automate current and future production operations.
- Spec out quote and facilitate installation of new equipment.
- Calculate return on investment for capital projects.
- Ensure accurate manufacturing cost for assigned work cells.
- Manage production startup of assigned improvements to ensure trouble free launch.
- Drive out waste throughout the operation with deployment of Lean methods.
- Manage projects including communication, tracking, and follow up to ensure maximum benefit from improvement efforts.
- Establish, maintain, and follow procedures to implement process improvements and changes.
- Work with teams to revise and implement layouts to optimize process flow and utilization of space.
- Perform research and development tasks staying up to date with latest innovations and technology for the industry.
- Work with Production and Product Development teams to support process improvement efforts
- Leads from the authority of knowledge and by example.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keep manager informed, on a timely basis, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, planning, performance etc.
- Read, understand, and use this position description as an operating guide for your own job performance measurement.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of education & experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related field and or 5 year’s experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in managing and developing people.
- Experience managing capital expenditure projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to communicate effectively to gather information from a diverse group and assemble reasonable solutions.
- Able to lead teams of diverse people to arrive at valid conclusions and successfully complete projects.
- Skilled at involving people that are affected by process changes.
- Able to use computer system software including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient at 3D modeling using cad software. Autodesk (Fusion, AutoCAD, Inventor) Solidworks…
- Understands and has applied lean concepts.
- Able to develop, communicate, and adhere to detailed project budgets and timelines.
- Able to write reports, and business correspondence.
- Must stay well organized.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Will take initiative.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with designing and building mechanical and or electrical systems to add automation features to existing processing equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Lexington provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.