MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LEXINGTON MANUFACTURING - COON RAPIDS
$2500 SIGN-ON BONUS (paid out after meeting employment milestones)
1st Shift: 7am-3:15pm (Monday-Friday)
Weekend Shift: 6am-6pm (Friday-Sunday, Work 36 hours get paid for 40)
Pay $24-$33/hr plus $2.00 shift differential DOE
Lexington Manufacturing makes a multitude of engineered wood components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May perform a variety of maintenance duties which requires a high degree of technical ability and or are complex in nature. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of production machines/equipment/tools and building maintenance.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshoot on equipment/machine malfunction, to include electrical and mechanical issues, which may require dismantling machine and clean, adjust/repair/replace defective parts and tests the machine to ensure it is running properly.
- To maintain equipment may fabricate machine guards, install or repair conveyers, replace motors, tear down or replace pumps, gear boxes, maintain fluid collection and or repair electro-mechanical equipment.
- Performs building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, mechanical and electrical issues, dust collector, machine, equipment and furniture installation, remodeling, light bulbs replacement, roofing issues, etc.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance and inspection checks on equipment, machine tools and building equipment to include but not limited to, forklift, production and CNC machines, saws, hand tools, measuring devices, extension cords, fire extinguishers, cranes, and alarms, exit lights, sprinkler system, dust collector, heating and A/C unit belts and filters, etc.
- May uses forklift to move and transport material, machines, equipment, etc
- May handle, transport and store some hazardous materials to include paint, lubricants, cleaners, oil, gas, etc. Trained on use and storage of hazardous materials.
- Follow company policies and manufacturing processes to include safety regulations, quality procedures, work instructions and documentation requirements.
- Provide feedback on continuous improvement ideas to improve products, processes, standards, etc.
- Responsible for transactional accuracy on the assigned material movement, transactional accuracy and verification process of the production scheduling system
- 2 year technical degree or 5 years previous experience or a combination thereof.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Requires mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining, welding, electrical , plumbing and building maintenance experience referred.
- Ability to use all types of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices.
- Ability to set up VFD and troubleshoot electrical control and wiring problems.
- Able to troubleshoot 110, 208 and 480v 1ph and 3ph circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maintenance instructions, manuals, prints, mechanical blueprints and electrical/pneumatic schematics.
- Must possess computer experience or ability to be trained.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF LEXINGTON PRODUCTION AND WAREHOUSE POSITIONS
Lexington production positions require the ability to stand for at least 8 hours on a concrete floor in a warehouse environment. Due to loud noise and dust levels, hearing and eye protection is required. The conditions and material used may be dirty or dusty. The warehouse environment may have varying hot and cold temperatures. This position requires varying degrees of standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching with hands/arms. The position requires use of vision to inspect materials, product and machines. The ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted is required of all Lexington production positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Lexington provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.