Capacity Planning and Scheduling Manager - Lexington Manufacturing, Coon Rapids, MN
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Employer HSA contributions
- Retirement Plan, Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Lexington Manufacturing makes a multitude of engineered wood components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
The Capacity Planning and Scheduling Manager supports complex architectures by providing capacity management subject matter expertise to enterprise-wide stakeholders. Produce and maintain an appropriate and up-to-date capacity plan that aligns to the strategic plans of the business and provides expertise and guidance on all capacity and performance related issues. Ensure that the capacity performance targets are met or exceeded and assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance and capacity related incidents and problems. Accountable for managing efforts for strategic production control, driving planning strategy to action, building teams, improve scheduling, and tool efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Key areas of responsibility, management, budgeting responsibilities, internal and external customers/contacts, etc.)
- Enterprise-wide Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process including development of quantitative and qualitative tools and dashboards
- Lead Capacity Planning process for all LEX plants including leadership of all planning resources
- Work closely with the Plant Managers to help ensure optimization of labor resources
- Ensure plans are in coordination with customer demand, capacity limitations, material availability, current workloads and unique customer requirements and backlog to meet product delivery policies and provide goods and services at a favorable cost to LEX
- Identifies and anticipates inventory availability constraints across the network. Liaison with functional areas to articulate inventory availability, concerns, and potential solutions.
- Work with team to establish and document processes and monitor for control
- With ITR and Product Development, ensure the introduction of new products are planned for and released to production lines
- Ensure system integrity is maintained through the management of master data
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement efforts
- Develop best practices on daily scheduling, leveraging capacity capabilities to the fullest, make to order opportunities, lead times, etc. that can be utilized by manufacturing locations
- Ensure necessary documentation and training material are in place and adherence to by scheduling team
- Control obsolete inventories through good planning, proper accounting, write-off, and disposition
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement teams with mapping, root cause identification and transformation
- Lead collaborative efforts with Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Finance on “what if” scenarios to understand financial impact and to provide recommendations to leadership for decisions.
- Develop equipment capacity.
- Model capacity and capacity constraints through analysis of sales forecast and equipment capacity.
- Lead capacity planning activities, ensuring delivery against operational requirements while optimizing operational efficiency.
KPI development, management, and reporting.
- Customer service -
- Assess current and planned capacity and develop operational and strategic plans based on forecast of future demand, looking out 6 months to 3 years.
- Conduct SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations and Planning) process and Lead SIOP meetings
- Monitors key manufacturing processes for capacity and demand, identifies capacity constraints, and provides analysis.
- Identifies and anticipates inventory availability constraints, communicates across functional areas, and collaborates to develop solutions.
- Growth planning through collaboration with sales partners
- Capacity data integrity. Accuracy of capacity information based on equipment capability, work center layout and associate proficiency. Accountable for maintaining accurate capacity values and router alignment.
- Effective Capacity - Effective capacity considers product mix, changes in product mix, anticipated maintenance, raw material disruptions and labor issues such as absenteeism and fatigue. Effective capacity is the maximum capacity possible given the influence of these factors.
- Actual Output - Actual output is the rate of production achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of education & experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job).
- 5+ years’ experience in workforce planning and understanding interrelationships of volumes, service level requirements, staffing and scheduling across multiple channels – preferable with pragmatic SIOP experience
- Significant experience of building capacity/forecasting models and plans and undertaking complex analysis to create information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to form and maintain strong relationships internally and externally and engage with stakeholders
- Financial awareness, with a full understanding of the impact of failure with regards to business costs, production targets and fulfilment of customer orders
- Highly developed numeracy, statistical and reporting skills with the ability to analyze, interpret and manage information, data and trends
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines and the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to assess situations and set priorities.
- Ability to be strategic but also execute tactics
- Demonstrable experience in statistics, forecasting and management information methods and techniques
- Ability to operate in Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Gmail) and moderate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel