Summary: The Wrap Operator primarily performs a variety of duties that requires a moderate to high degree of technical skills.
Individuals who succeed in this position are innovative, detail orientated and a team player.
1st Shift (Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:15 pm)
Lexington Manufacturing – Coon Rapids
Pay and Benefits:
· $17+ per hour. 40+ hours/week.
· Previous related machine operator experience, you are eligible for a higher starting rate.
· Health Insurance
· Dental Reimbursement
· Retirement Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
Steps to Career Advancement:
Level 1: Feeder
· Feeder – handles raw products and feeds the wrap machine by hand. Ensures product is fed into the wrap machine in the correct position and an appropriate pace. Troubleshoots as needed.
· Set-up: Assists team members with set-up of the wrap machine according to customer specifications. Involves using hand tools, power tools, measuring equipment to adjust all parts of the machine.
· Maintenance – performs ongoing basic and moderate preventative maintenance of the wrapper.
· Quality: Follows established documented processes, quality standards that meet equipment and output inspection checks.
· Stacks raw and finished products by hand in a organized manner
Level 2: Catcher
· Effectively performs all duties of Level 1 (Feeder) and the following:
· Catching: Inspects the finished product as it exits the wrap machine, checking for quality issues. Responsible for transaction accuracy of the assigned material movement. Removes product that does not meet customer specifications.
· Provide feedback on continuous improvement ideas to improve products, processes, standards, etc.
Level 3: Operator
· Effectively performs all duties of Level 1 (Feeder) and Level 2 (Catcher) and the following:
· Ensures the efficient and accurate operation of Wrapper. Responsible for the overall processing of parts.
· Verify specification on SPC, control plans, quality control specifications, set up sheets, drawings and or packaging specifications.
· Maintains the production pace of the wrapper machine so that it meets or exceeds production capacity.
· High school degree or GED
· Must possess computer experience or ability to be trained.
· Requires mechanical aptitude and ability to use a variety of saws, drills, hand tools and measuring tools.
· Ability to interpret measuring devices, multi task, follow customer specifications, and work in a team environment.
Lexington production positions require the ability to stand continuously during the assigned work shift on a concrete floor in a warehouse environment with varying hot and cold temperatures. Due to loud noise and dust levels, hearing and eye protection is required (and provided by Lexington). The conditions and material used may be dusty or dirty. This position requires varying degrees of standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching with hands/arms. The position requires use of vision to inspect materials, product and machines. The ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted is required of all Lexington production positions.
Your application was submitted successfully.