Mission; Building Relationships, Creating Solutions, Delivering Value
Our Core Values: Team, Can Do, Our Word, Growth, People
Operational Excellence Mission: Apply a disciplined approach to analyze data, support continuous improvement, and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Team based Machine Controls Technician who develops manufacturing equipment controls by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing equipment; conferring with equipment vendors defining scope of deliverables and completion dates. Responsible for and will be frequently called upon to find and solve control problems during production quickly and effectively. Need to demonstrate a familiarity with who’s who in the supply channels and ability to work with suppliers when both developing control packages and fixing control issues. Responsible for ensuring that the voice of both the internal and external customers are considered and incorporated into all project solutions while meeting safety, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Support Automation of current and future production operations.
- Establish, maintain, and follow procedures to implement process improvements and changes.
- Perform research and development tasks staying up to date with latest innovations and technology for the industry.
- Develop machine schematics, specify hardware requirements, implement PLC machine code and develop HMI interface requirements for production processes. Provide technical support between data base system and control systems that directly affect plant operations.
- Facilitate and/or interface with other associates at all levels, including Engineers, Technicians, Production Associates, department teams and/or Lexington support departments.
- Design, review, and implement interfaces associated with interactions between shop floor associates and equipment. Individual will have the ability to think creatively and suggest alternative design/development solutions for HMI interfacing and control.
- Develop training modules for redundant understanding of the complete control of data flow and required communications for efficient and safe operation of production equipment.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through active participation on improvement teams and Kaizen events.
- Leads from the authority of knowledge and by example.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keep manager informed, on a timely basis, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, planning, performance etc.
- Read, understand and use this position description as an operating guide for your own job performance measurement.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of education & experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and or 5 year’s experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional Technical Training, Vocational School, or Trade School related to the field is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of machinery and electrical control systems, 480V 3-phase and 12V control voltage.
- Ability to design, specify, estimate cost, build, and wire control panels.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints.
- Knowledge of various programming languages.
- Knowledge of VFD's drive units.
- Knowledge of Electrical rules for NEC regulatory compliance (can provide a list)
- Machine tool familiarity. (would be a plus)
- Understanding of machine fabrication (would be a plus).
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, troubleshoot and resolve issues with little or no assistance
- Drive out waste throughout the operation with deployment of Lean methods.
- Manage projects including communication, tracking, and follow up to ensure maximum benefit from improvement efforts.
- Able to communicate effectively to gather information from a diverse group and assemble reasonable solutions.
- Able to lead teams of diverse people to arrive at valid conclusions and successfully complete projects.
- Skilled at involving people that are affected by process changes.
- Able to use computer system software including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understands and has applied lean concepts.
- Able to develop, communicate, and adhere to detailed project budgets and timelines.
- Able to work under pressure.